Subscribing to a podcast will require either iTunes, iPodder Lemon or DoubleTwist installed on your computer (works with Mac or Windows and all are free), you can subscribe to the podcast and it will be automatically downloaded to your computer as each show is published. There are two ways to do this, directly, and through the iTunes Music Store.
To subscribe in iTunes directly, there are three techniques:
- Click in the sidebar and iTunes will display the Step Out subscription page. Just click on the “Subscribe” button to subscribe.
- Simply drag the button in the sidebar to either the “Library” or the “Podcasts” section of the iTunes software. The subscription will be automatically set up.
- Alternatively, you can subscribe to the show using the “iTunes Store” section of the software. Click on “iTunes Store” and search for “Step Out” in the search field. Look for the “Subscribe” button in the search results.
To subscribe in iPodder or DoubleTwist please consult the documentation that comes with the software.
Alternately one may subscribe via their computer’s browser.
- If you are using MS Internet Explorer, Opera, or Mozilla Firefox click the button in the sidebar and follow the instructions provided by your browser.
- The Chrome browser does not handle RSS natively. You will need to install the RSS Subscription Extension (by Google) extension. Once the extension is installed and enabled, click the button in the sidebar and follow the instructions provided by your browser.